View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Fred

I can't remember all of the games I've been to. Here are a few:

Reuschel brothers combined on a shut out against the Dodgers at Wrigley Field. I think it was 1975 or 1976.

I saw a skinny/scrawny Barry Bonds play many games at ASU (1980, 1981 or it could have been 1982). Don Wakamatsu (Mariners Mgr) was on the team with Odibe McDowell (cool name, made it to the bigs with the Rangers I think).

Game 4 of the 1998 WS. Pads lost to the Yanks in 4 straight. Kind of a bummer to see the Yanks piling up in celebration on the Padres infield at the end of the game.

Closing Day at Qualcomm Stadium (San Diego)

Opening Day at Petco Park (San Diego) - David Wells started the game. Trevor Hoffman came in, blew the save but the Padres came back and won. I'll remember it because all of the fans were cheering wildly when Trevor came in. "Trevor, Trevor, Trevor". When the inning was over you could hear people screaming "Trevor, Trevor - YOU SUCK!". Kind of sad to see it but at least the Pads came back to win the game. Trevor is a great player and a ROLE MODEL. He's actually someone you'd like your kid to emulate.

Lots more playoff games and other neat games where cool plays took place... Soooooo many games.... Most I ever made was about 70+ home games (one season) for the Padres back in about 1977 or so.