View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Rich Klein

Default Several Issues Brought up

1) Corey is correct about the megalopolis from Boston to Washington getting the short end of the stick. Frankly; the cost to everyone of being in a large city is ginormous. Frankly the NY City area does not have a reasonably priced venue that would support the National. There are venues such as MSG or the Javitz that would but I'd guarantee the table rates would be at least double what they are now. I always wondered if the Valley Forge CC was big enough for this -- I know the Ft Washington was; but when the EPSCC was there -- I bet they had an exclusive.

2) Alan -- I guess admission was cheaper by a few dollars this year. The National Promoters can not usually control the Parking Prices for customers which is why I ask that admission be reduced. In the DFW area: now when I go to Arlington for a card show I know that the pricing is now part of the money I spend.

3) Note to EJM -0- although Exhibit Man is doing OK for himself; he is not super wealthy. No need for personal insults here. And nice way to make a debut on the board.

4) My personal belief at this time is that we should be in Chicago every year. Good location near airport; plenty of parking (both high and low priced) nearby; public transportation available; hotels one can walk to (or drive to) and in all price ranges from the Embassy Suites to Motel 6; etc.

5) I'm glad you contacted Mr. Berkus; I sent a note to John Broggi about this thread. Hope Mr. Wilke does not feel left out

Rich