View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default very good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
Considering that he never stole anything, the ban seems a bit draconian. Maybe a one-year suspension or something like that would be more reasonable. Also, I don't see why he should be called out in this manner since he never stole anything - it's not like people needed to know this information in order to protect themselves.
First of all thanks to Brandon for being a man about this. This says a hell of a lot to me (and it's all good). He's not a bad guy but just gets in over his head on transactions. He knows it. It's not like there aren't a thousand more card addicts (definitely me included) on this site BUT we usually don't make deals we can't follow through with OR take way too long. Brandon did have a few month ban previously, before this one, and I am all for giving him another chance in the future.....say 6 mos. to a year. He has never committed fraud or stolen anything so there is/was no serious harm ever done. I would think of this more as a cooling off period....We (the moderators) will continue to what we feel is in the best interest of our community. I think everyone knows all of the moderators (4 of us) so know that it's not like any of us are going to be a push over or do something we don't feel is right, regardless of the other mods on the team. If this had gone to our vote and one of us had a huge issue then I am sure we would have thought it through some more. In the end it was the right decision and Brandon is welcome on the main board...and in time probably back on the BST..Our community also has a way of self policing itself. Had we made a huge mistake I am sure it would have been made known. best regards

ps...as far as using the board as a sales tool only, there is no rule against that, as long as everyone plays nicely. I have to get involved (I don't like to) in approx. less than 5 transactions per yr, so I would say that is pretty good.