View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:39 PM

Default Why I'm sometimes hesitant to post.

Brad, Great thread. Let me add my two cents.
I am mostly a lurker for a few reasons:
1. As Alan just stated, many of the ideas and information for a thread have been discussed and many times I will see a response posted as "See this archive thread for the information". I get why people do this and it is great that we have the archives, but I think it keeps us from further expanding on ideas and thoughts sometimes.

2. I am TERRIBLE with names. For example, at the National I met alot of really nice guys from the board. When I talked to them, they knew me from my posts about E98s and Old Put Backs. It was exciting and really neat to meet so many people but then when I got back home, I wanted to thank so many of them and chime into threads from them...but I forgot their names! and I feel really stupid if I try to chime in on a thread to someone whom I've met but can't remember their names. Of course this is my fault and I need to solve my own problem by learning to put names with faces better in the future. **On this note I just want to quickly thank the gentleman (See, I forgot his name) who is at the table with Leon and Scott ( I believe he bought the huge Pirate backed lot of T214s last year) and has made me a great deal the last two Nationals on cards. I really appreciate your willingness to bargain with me and my budget!

3. I am not the most technological advanced person and have trouble with scans... but I'm getting better!

4. I want to get along with everyone and let's face it... in some of the recent threads things have gotten a little heated. I prefer to stay out of it. It took everything I had to respond to one of Bruce's latest BST threads in the T section about an hour ago... but I think I did it in a very respectful way.

With a little more effort on my part, (remembering names/ faces and becoming more computer savy) I hope to be less of a lurker and more of a contributor in the future.
Tim Kindler