View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Frank Wakefield

Default OT/ I hate magic tape, and cards in contact with tape

I just received a card I bought...

It was in a T card sleeve, in a T card top loader, and then in a Card Saver II. With a bit of magic tape across it.

Golly, guys. When you mail a card, invert one of the holders inside the other, so if the card slides around it will not come in contact with the tape. Here, if the seller had inverted the sleeve, or the little top loader, then the card could not have come in contact with that magic tape.

Once sellers figure that inversion thing out, then QUIT using magic tape. Use regular tape, at least it will peel away easier. Or place a piece of paper across the opening then tape that down, so the card can't come in contact with the tape adhesive. It isn't rocket science, seal up a card as you'd like to open it...

Once sellers get that down, then they need to come up with their own packaging, instead of ripping off USPS Priority boxes and envelopes and using them inside out.... That just drives up the cost for the rest of us.

I save lots of bags and boxes. It drives my family nuts, until Christmas time, when they will sheepishly ask me if I have a box "this" big or "that" big... I like recycling bubble wrap envelopes and the like. I hate magic tape.