View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 09:46 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Default Looking for 1941 Goudey collectors

I'm looking to connect with other members who have these cards in their collection. Set collectors, player collectors, team collectors or type collectors. If you have them I'd like to know about it. I'm trying to connect with owners of these cards for 5 reasons:

1. I'm trying to collect data on this set. Color availability, population, etc.
2. I'm trying to reconstruct an uncut sheet. Using the huge quantity of misprints from this set I hope to be able to reconstruct what an uncut sheet of these cards looked like in order to support population numbers.
3. I have extras and can help finish up this set for those who are struggling with the last couple of cards.
4. I need cards. Either the three I need to finish my set or upgrades.
5. Set up a "community" for trading these cards. They don't come up that often and sometimes I see cards I don't need but others may. If I know what you need I can let you know what I find, or, you can let me know what you find.

This little "dog" of the Goudey releases is underappreciated in my opinion but for those of us who do own these cards the thrill of the hunt outweighs the lack of star power, gaudy colors and blank backs.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you.

Brian