View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Scott

Default For Sale: NY Times Portfolio book w amazing content.

This didnt sell on ebay, but Net 54 members, u have a chance at it now, for just a bit over the minimum and less than my reserve..Here is the description from it.

This is an amazing 500 or so page large format 1923 NY Times Portfolio bound book. Incredible rotogravure images adorn the pages of this great volume. You will see Presidents in full page portraits, Famous Cities, landmarks, world events, etc etc. The real highlight is the many many pages of incredible rotogravure images of sports personalities and events. The baseball has major stars including Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Eddie Collins, and so many more. Plus, football, Golf with Bobby Jones, Horse Racing, Boxing, Tennis with Bill tilden. It just goes on and on.

This is certainly a book that should be treasured for the historical item that it is.A Snapshot of a year in history that should be handed down for many generations. Think of the Mid Week Pictorial, and what you have here is the same amazing work in this massive volume. Condition is solid, w back cover having some stains, not really relevant. Most inside pages are crisp and beautiful, some pages have tears, most not major, and the GREAT MAJORITY of the pages are clean and tear free.

Whether you keep it this way, or remove pages for framing, is up to you. I haven't seen a volume like this, and its time to pass it on to someone who can really enjoy it. this is a very large and substantial book. Good luck and see all the scans attached for an example of some of the sports and a presidential pair as well. *NOTE..any glare is from the sun and camera the day we took photos, NOT in the pictures. anymore questions, please contact me through contact buyer here on ebay.

See pictures on this and next post..Price 125.00 shipped and insured. Ck or MO please. PM me or email if interested or any more info. THANK YOU. SCOTT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whitesoxredsoxpic.jpg (31.8 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg senatorsAspic.jpg (33.2 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg Ruthcobbpic.jpg (30.2 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg philscardspic.jpg (31.8 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg giantspiratespic.jpg (29.0 KB, 182 views)