View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
Leon, you'll be happy to know the other UW saying is "Go Badgers." I was indoctrinated young, as one of the first stuffed toys given to me as a toddler was a Bucky Badger. And, yes, I've heard my mother and sister say the other saying.

p.s., for those who missed it, Leon jokingly 'bleeped' over 'Badgers' in 'Go Badgers.' I thought it was my error and went back and fixed it.
Hey David, no worries. For the record though...the only thing I did was put x's where the f u c were....as I don't really want F-bombs on the board....I understand it might be an old alumni saying but still.......

On a final note on this subject- It looks like roughly 83%-84% of our respondents don't have an issue with a sports talk place. For the moment I am not going to institute an off topic place because our main board can still be used for them as long as they are per the forum rules.....which basically says that OT is permitted mainly for everyday members and they should be kept to a bit of a minimum. HOWEVER, we just had our data back up finished this morning and I have asked Brian M to change the icon that says Net54 Postwar Sportscards to Net54 Postwar Cards and Watercooler Talk. After he does that, which should be in the next day or two, I will add a "Sports Talk" forum to that section. I am going to put it right under the Net54 Postwar Baseball subcategory, which will be 2nd from the top. The reason for that is because that is where I feel the importance stacks up. ALL of the categories will still be there, they will just be pushed down one notch. ANY and ALL sports can be talked about in that section. That does NOT mean you can't do an off topic about a sports situation on the main board, when warranted, but it will give a place where it's not off topic and no one needs to have worries on posting there...Hope this helps as we/I try to make Net54baseball.com the best place on the net....especially for talking pre-war baseball cards.