Thread: 2010 Wishes
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Seth Y

I in no way want to insert myself into this situation, argument, or whatever you might call it but the fact that someone is worried about racism online, especially a hobby board worries me. Elitism is a problem; to those who need to feel better: most people truly don't care about others who attempt to "show off" and prove their "superiority" through their material possessions. Can't we all just get along? As cliche as it sounds this is a place to talk about the hobby and enjoy ourselves, not to be racist and hatred to those you do not even know. I am a 17 year old and seem to know better than some on this board, who are relentless in their worthless causes. Whatever this argument is, no one will actually "win" except the website and community as a whole when it comes to an end. I am not calling out anyone in specific and have no grudges because I do not know the details of the argument. Despite this, I can tell that there is a problem and it bothers me that it is getting in the way of hobby conversation and cluttering the boards.

To whoever you are and whoever you may be in the future, grow up, this is no place to prove you are better, stronger, richer, tougher, etc. than someone else.

Thanks all.

Happy Chanukah (I'm celebrating!), Christmas, Kwanza, and holiday season to all!!

Seth