View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Frank Wakefield

Go right ahead... invest in matchbook covers, too. I have a few old Matchbox cars. And some Dinky toys, mostly military, and mostly pre WW II. I don't consider those investments. Golly, invest in sterling silver state spoons... or cut glass stemware. Jelly glass jars. Happy Meal toys (unopened, of course.)

I taught some eBay classes for a community program a few times. A few 'buying' classes, and a couple of 'selling' classes. One lady was earnestly serious about learning to sell on eBay. As she was getting the hang of it, I asked her what she wanted to sell. She told me she had all of these plate block # commemorative stamps from the 70s and 80s, that she'd bought, and she figured she could sell them for lots of money. I suggested we search a few that were for sale, knowing what we'd find. For the most part, most of them barely sold over face value. She was shattered, but stayed with the class. Plate block commemorative stamps weren't a very good investment, even if that was where she wanted to invest. So if they truly are a friend, steer them away from ball cards.