View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Rich Klein

"Face it, newspaper circulation is decreasing because people are reading the news on their computers. Book sales are either decreasing or staying flat because people can either download a book off the web and onto their computers or use some other electronic means to buy and store a book. I imagine in 20 years or so, kids who want to collect "old" baseball cards will be doing so by gathering images on their electronic devices and storing their "collections" on a microchip instead of a shoe box or binder in their closet."

Not only that; but music as well. When we were growing up you had to buy a record or a tape or a CD (depending on your age). NOW, all you need to do is listen on a computer OR use a device such as an IPod and download songs to that.

The need for "stuff" in today's world is much less than it was a few years ago.
Heck, yesterday Amazon.Com announced they sold more ebooks for the holiday season than they did physical books.

Rich

P.S. For "investing:" $5K in cards, I'd find the best condition cards available of the best players that you can. You won't get anywhere near a T206 Wagner but you could get a nice portfolio of a VG Goudey Ruth; A NM mid career Mantle; and a few other baubles. A very safe portfolio with little downside.

Last edited by Rich Klein; 12-29-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: To reflect that I quoted an earlier post