Thread: E222 Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 04:15 PM

Default E222 Inquiry

Dear Net54 Members,

I am brand-spanking new to this board as a member, but have been collecting pre-war baseball cards since 1985, with a special interest in 1909-12 issues. Having recently moved to the Central Virginia area, the elusive E222 set is becoming a new interest for me, and I'd like to dig deeper and write an article on the set.

Leon Luckey suggested throwing out a thread here to start, and see if anyone has an interest in the dialogue.

There are obvious things that need to be touched on, such as knowledge of the A.W.H. and A.W.A. Caramel companies, as well as Fulton Press, which I'm assuming was out of the Fulton Hill district of Richmond. Also, knowledge of the Virginia State League.

I'm just starting out, but am willing to follow up on leads. I've never owned or seen on of these cards in person, but welcome responses from anyone who has any knowledge at all about the set, whether it be someone who owns one of the cards or who has been privy to experience a find or whatnot.

Any and all dialogue is appreciated. If you want to email me offline to see my credentials as a journalist, or get article samples or links to my books, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Brian Chidester