Thread: E222 Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Val Kehl

Default Hi Brian - Welcome to the Old Dominion!

Hope you settled in Wahoo country (as opposed to Hokie country)! Go Wahoos!

I'm the collector Tim referred to who picked up an E222 (in poor cond.) at the last Chantilly, VA show. If you use the Net54 search function, you will readily find my recent posting with pics of this card. I heard third-hand that this card came from the collection of a long-time collector/dealer who passed away last year and who, coincidentally, also lived in Lynchburg. I have one other E222 card - Hooker of the Lynchburg team - see pics below (taken with a digital camera, as I don't have a scanner - sorry about the glare from the card holder).

In addition to the 4 cards Levin acquired, have you seen Leon's 4 cards (including the only known AWA card)? If not, his collection is available for viewing via the "VINTAGE LINKS" section of Net54. These 10 AWH/AWA cards are the only examples I have ever seen.

Good luck with your research project. Unfortunately, I can't provide you with any specific info re this set or the company whose advertising they bear. But, I look forward to learning the results of your research. Actually, I have thought about doing some E222 research myself, but my big problem is procrastination! I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't done the computerized inventory of my collection that I promised myself I would find time to do after I retired 2 years ago!

If you like, I'll be happy to show you my E222s in person when you attend (notice I didn't say "if"!!) the next Chantilly Show at the end of March. Usually, I only attend the Show on Friday (free admission day), but I could meet you on Sat. or Sunday, as I live only a few miles from the Show. Kindly send me an email if you wish to do this.

Val Kehl, Centreville, VA, ekehl333@aol.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E222Hooker-Front#1.JPG (64.9 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg E222Hooker-Back.JPG (49.2 KB, 380 views)