View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Bill Cauley

Default I Finally Got It

It's here! It has some rounding on the corners and a crease in the upper right corner but it has what I look for with centering, great color, and just flat out good eye appeal.

THIS has been the card that ever since I saw it for the first time about 10 years ago, decided that I had to have it at some point. For some reason or another, I just never went after it. Well, 2010 hit and I decided I wanted a focus for my collection and I decided on obtaining at least the following three cards during this year.

1) '53 Bowman Color Pee Wee Reese
2) T206 Walter Johnson Portrait
3) 1938 Goudey Heads Up Bob Feller

Well, number one is done. I'm thinking I'm going after the Johnson next. I realized that I had too many cards that just don't matter or mean anything to me so what better way to fund my true desires than by selling off my other stuff. I sold off most of my game used and autographed stuff and a few modern RC's that I had dupes of. So, I got what to me is my favorite baseball card ever made in return for some ebay fees and a bunch of stuff that I just did not care about.

I think I'll end up with a lot less of my modern stuff pretty soon only keeping my RC's, Dustin Pedroia, and Nick Markakis cards. I'll get a few others here and there but I'm now finally all about pre/post war vintage.

Last edited by BCauley; 03-16-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Received card, posting scan.