View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Richard:

I know you can't disclose her name, but do you know the Auction House? Did she ever mention who it was? They carry a large portion of the responsibility here, and I would love to see them exposed.

While she was obviously naive, she was out of her element, and was simply a trusting soul, and a "non-collector". The auction house should definitely have known better and (for a ball of that value) obtained an LOA before it ever made the Catalogue.

The fact that the ball was not authentic would never have been an issue, had they done their due diligence up front. I am not even aware of an Auction House who would offer such a Ball without some sort of authentication.... do you?

I don't know the auction house.
To Greg and the others who think I should not have called her stupid :
Perhaps stupid was being too harsh,though someone who needs money to buy a house should have no business bidding on a baseball when they know nothing about sports memorabilia,,,,, but why would she even write to me? The woman is allegedly a PhD,, she should know that an attorney is the only one who can give her answers. What help could I possibly give her?
And to Barry : you are not the only one who got a headache after reading the e mail.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-26-2010 at 10:51 AM.