View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Frank Wakefield

I think Mr. Lipset got it right.

The few T215s that were around were primarily in the hands of Louisiana collectors. The cards were found there. When I bought a bunch of Old Mill red border cards, about a third of them were series 6. I think the guy I got them from got them from a collector who bought them from the family of the original collector from years ago, and he was a Kentuckian. That's why most of the cards were series 6 Blue Grass League cards, so I then thought, and continue to think.

I don't have a Mono tobacco card. Wish I did, missed my best chance on getting one at a modest cost 25 years ago, or so. My understanding is that they have no factory designation on the back. Also, a generation ago, most T217 Mono's were in California. I don't necessarily think that remains true today. There may well be more there than any other state, but many have wandered out into the hands of other collectors.

I think Louisiana is where the T215s were distributed, I think that's where second generation collectors found them... and now they're spread over creation.

Last edited by Matt; 03-21-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Reverted