View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:40 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Plus, on-site grading is very expensive--$25 or more per card. My suggestion is that you get together 10-20 of the best cards you see in the group and send them to SGC for grading. Wait a few days to see what special they have--they might have a March special that would fit some of the cards. Once you have the test results you can decide whether it makes sense to grade more (if they really are high grade--then you probably would do best to join PSA's club and send them a bunch of cards) or to simply sell them raw via an auctioneer or otherwise. Taking them to an auctioneer at the show is certainly realistic--they live for walk-ins--but don't expect great purchase offers at the show. If you have mid-grade postwar cards from mainstream sets, they retail cheaply (look around for an idea), so wholesale would be surprisingly low--Multi-thousand dollar cards in 8-9 condition can be had for $100 or less in lower grade (I know--I collect that way). One great way to sell is via BST threads here. No commissions or wholesale costs to you. You might also want to do a bit of homework--invest in a standard catalog (Krause Publications) and see what you have then start searching Ebay for it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-27-2010 at 06:41 AM.