Thread: Pawn Stars
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Dan Bretta

I posted this on the postwar card side a few weeks ago....

There is also a forum for Pawn Stars over there and while that show is more interesting than American Pickers much of it is staged also. The old Coke Machine they bought and had restored magically turned into a completely different model of machine...The guy who traded the gun for the guitar actually works in the guitar shop where the guitar he traded for came from..they had it on their website for over a year. That pinball machine they bought a few weeks ago for $1,000 that cost them $3,000 to restore and the guy told them they could get $5,000 for it...what world are they living in??? You can get a total restore of a vintage pinball for way less than 3 Grand, and that particular game isn't worth more than $700 completely restored.

I know they can't know everything, but those baseball cards looked real to me...I DVR'ed the show and watched it on a 52 inch HDTV and they looked authentic to me when I paused it and took a good look.

All that said the show is still interesting and I love watching it. I still watch American Pickers too, but it's more like watching a train wreck and I can't avert my eyes.