View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 08:45 AM
James Gallo

As I have collected about half the set over the last few years I think one thing that is very obvious is that finding just about any card in VG or better is very hard. There are some of the common commons that can be found often in VG but a even slightly tougher card you just don't see them. This set seems to have cooled off a bit over the last year or so and Cobbs are cheap as hell right now which I don't get.

I owned a low grade Wagner throwing that I bought on ebay and shortly after resold. I have not seen one since. I have a few of the lesser tougher cards like the Brown and Hall which I do think show up more then some of the other tough cards like Upp and Mitchell. I do not think the Jackson is a rare card at all, just one with high demand. I do see more Mitchell's around which is likely because they tend to be pulled out of sets and sold as single cards. I think the Speaker is very tough and really considered the one that was just on the BST.

This is a very tough set and you will have to spend some big bucks on common cards, even more so then the HOF, but I still hope to finish it after my run on the Boston Store set is done.

James G