View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Jim D

I think what CHicago might have been trying to say was that the card owner probably knows the thief, not the card owner was working with the thief.

An inside job in my opinion, not based on definition, was someone that may have been privy to seeing the owner use his alarm code.

This information could also be given to a "friend" to do the heist.

From what i gathered is this... the thief knew the owner was away and knew the alarm code..... just saying...

Another thing to check is the alarm company itself. There was a rash of break-ins that had been occuring in my vicinity and it turns out it was the alarm installation company. They would scope houses when they installed alarms and then they set up the alarm for the client, which includes entering his passcode. they now have the passcode and the owner has "piece of mind" so they let their guard down.

Ive also heard of an alarm company that would simulate a few break ins in an area then canvas the area offering their services... perfect timing so to speak!

No matter what the instance in this case, the cards listed will stick out like a sore thumb and will be near impossible to hide. Hopefully it isnt done in a private sale where it never comes to light.

all my best to your friend Ted..... i hope he recovers his cards... i lost 50k worth before and i know how much it sucks!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!