View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Dallas Hartland THE CONFRONTATION in the box

Hi All:

I am in need of some guidance. I have the opportunity to pick up what I believe to be the rarest Hartland EVER. The Dallas Confrontation IN THE BOX.

As many of you may know Frank Fulop had a few of these which he (badly) hand painted and added a lucite base to. However he never had a box.

The story goes that the Confrontation was made right at the end of the company's history and that the box company came and repossessed the boxes for lack of payment. It is unknown how many of these were actually sent out to collectors who ordered them. I know lots of guys including me who never got theirs!

With the next rarest, Feller, recently selling for $2500 on ebay and the fact that we have seen multiple Fellers on the market over the years and NO Confrontations I am wondering the value of this piece. There can't be more than a handful out there.

The guy who has it has asked me for an offer. Thus my coming to all of you for opinions. I have included a photo for all to see. For those that do not know, the Confrontation is the only one not to come in a green box like the Gehrig, Ford, Clemente, Dean, Cobb, Feller . Rather the box is a grayish brown.

So please take a look and pass along your advice.

Maybe I should also ask, does anyone out there have one??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CONFRONTATION.jpg (75.8 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpg CONFRONTATION2.jpg (79.4 KB, 248 views)