View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Dave

Default PSA Question 1960 Topps Football

Let me preface this by saying I don't buy or deal in many graded cards. I do occasionally pick them up if something strikes my fancy, especially if I can land a nice Jim Brown or Gale Sayers card at a good price.

Won a 1960 Topps Jim Brown on Ebay recently for what I thought was a great price. I followed this up with buying a bunch more inexpensive graded cards from the same seller, kind of on a whim.

Received the cards today. Jim Brown was what I expected on the front. Probably close to being an O/C qualifier on the front and a couple small printing press marks, but that didn't bother me because I saw that when I first bid on the card.

JimBrown1960Topps10June16A699.jpg

What bothered me is when I flipped it around and looked at the back. The back left border is completely missing it is so off-center. Is there no o/c qualifier for the back of the card? Am I wrong in assuming most graded card collectors wouldn't be peeved by this? It's not like this card would have graded an 8 or a 9 otherwise if not for the back centering issue. I don't think so anyways.

Is this typical of grading? Do I need to ask for scans of the backs of any relevant cards I might be interested in or am I just being too picky? Is this just a normal issue with 1960 Topps cards that I shouldn't really be worried about?

Am I just venting? Yes! Do I plan on doing anything about it? Probably not. Just take my licks and keep on ticking I guess.

JimBrown1960Topps10June16A700.jpg