View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Default Very Strange

Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was accepted at 11:35 am on August 02, 2010

This could be a coincidence or something went wrong on this date.

I found the above notice on Track & Confirm about an hour after I dropped off the package. Since then, nothing. Usually it gets updated by late evening. I ship the same time of day every time, so it's become expected to have a sort facility confirmation at least by midnight. This doesn't always happen and sometimes the only other notice I get is when the delivery is completed, but...

Today I tried out the "Track & Confirm by email" and gave my cell phone email. I immediately got a confirmation email from USPS...then I started to get text messages from various "people", that I didn't know to my phone every 60 seconds, with all kinds of general messages. After going around in circles on the phone with USPS for about an hour and a half, with apparently no way to do anything, I called my cell carrier and blocked all text messages. I got 60 texts in an hour and my carrier would only refund the texts that I received while I was on the line with them, about 12.
I've never had anything like this happen before. Either USPS was hacked or my cpu was hacked, but this was totally whack. The packages usually get there in two days, so I will be a bit on edge if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow.
Sheesh!