View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 06:45 PM
K!ya S@bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
I think you raise an important question about the nature of over-zealous skepticism, one that has largely been ignored in the responses. I'm sure there are people who won't post any scans on here because they have seen what has happened in the past. This forum has been an excellent hobby watchdog at times, but there have also been times when people are so anxious to find something wrong that off-base, uninformed, and misplaced claims have denigrated perfectly good cards. A middle way is most appropriate in my opinion.
JimB
Thanks Jim, I guess that is what I was getting at. I am surprised that some auction houses still get away with the "newly discovered" tag with some cards and memorabilia. with lesser known items it still flies. That is why I was wondering what the response would be if a new back for an existing player were to surface or God forbid a new player from a set like the monster.

By the way after starting this thread coincidentally I just found a Joe Jackson Sweet Cap in my Grandfathers attic.