View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Buy it Now or Best Offer

A 1919 World Series Program was listed for 1999.00 and was not in the greatest condition, but it was complete, nothing missing. Scorecard included. White Sox Team centerfold included. I'd say market value on it in it's condition was about a grand. As I've seen better condition go in the 1300 and missing CF go for as high as 600.

So I knew it lied somewhere in the middle. Offered 800 1 week, nothing, no counter. A month later seller had it at the same high price, offered 800 again, still nothing. The 600 CF-less one sold and I wonder if he saw that, as a day or 2 after it ended I offered 900 and he accepted. If he would have came back with offers on any of the 3 bids I'd of gone to a 1000. So technically I got it less then 50% of BIN, so don't be afraid, u have nothing to lose, and a lot to gain!

Just this past month a great seller had a 1919 World Series Ticket for 1350.00 BIN or BO, I offered 1000 knowing I was way low, rejected, but again no counter which I find odd, but that tells me I'm not close. Well the seller got 2 or 3 more offers, not sure what they were, but my guess is not good. I then offered 1170 on the 3rd day it was up, and they accepted. I actually would have paid the BIN of 1350, so I feel good I got a deal. I would have killed myself, or at least choked myself for a long time, letting go right b4 blackout, if I'd a missed out. Cuz one at Legandary just went for 2200+, granted again mine is in slightly lesser condition, but I'm more about the nostalgia and item itself then condition.

Thanks for reading my book. Sorry this was so long. So long!