View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Graig Kreindler

Default 1933's Who's Who in Baseball

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you guys had the 1933 hardcover book of 'Who's Who in Baseball' by Buxton Publishing. I've been trying to locate a cheap copy for myself recently, but can't really find anything in the price range I'm looking for. And what I hoped was that it was reprinted at some time, but I can't seem to find any evidence of that. Now, as you can probably imagine, I'm not necessarily looking for it for memorabilia sake, but more for visual information.

Since I do paintings of many of the players from this era, I'm always looking for solid accounts regarding their hair and eye colors (and if ever possible, skin tones). I have found information for some of these guys scattered around the Internet, be it through single signed pages from this book, or through player biographies. It was only recently that I realized this publication would be a perfect resource for what I'm trying to do (Thanks, Phil!).

So, does anyone know of, or have a copy they're willing to share some information from? I would be more than grateful for any bit that I can get, and can certainly pay for your time and trouble in some way.

Also, I know that Baseball Magazine had a similar publication every year, going back as far as 1916. I have never seen the insides of these, so I'm wondering if they have similar information. Can anyone shed a little light?

Thanks!

Graig