View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
So you think that the seller should profit from selling a questioned autograph, even if he did not know it?
Let's be linguistically careful - I am not discussing "should." We can all agree that no one should be profiting from forged autographs. In this particular circumstance, I don't think the seller is at fault for selling the bad autograph. Recognizing he wasn't an expert, he had it authenticated and then sold it; the buyer received a JSA authenticated autograph as advertised.
Quote:
If I am an employer and one of my employees makes a mistake in my business and it costs a customer, who is responsible? The employee or me?
You are. Of course, that's not analogous to this case as JSA does not work for the company owned by the seller. If they were all part of the same company the responsibility is at the top; however, here the seller did not make any mistakes - the mistake was purely on JSA; as such, I don't believe the seller should be held responsible. Would you feel differently if it wasn't the seller who submitted it to JSA, but rather, the seller bought it already authenticated?

Last edited by Matt; 11-22-2010 at 10:45 AM.