View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedmont Sport View Post
Hey Guys - lets address the Harry Wright Telegram - First JSA took over 30 days to give the ok on the auto - Jimmy Spence came to my shop and spent the whole day working on my stuff - he then told me he was taking a box of auto's with him - JUST TO MAKE SURE - The Harry Wright Telegram was one of them. I clearly saw the auto was much different the the body of the telegram - and if you take the time to google Telegrams, it was common practice in the 90's for the western union person to either have you write it out yourself - or - sign it as to agree the information to be correct. Jimmy stands by his findings that the auto is correct and different then the paragraph above the auto. I don't by any means put myself out there as an expert - but I do take every measure to make sure what I sell is true - can we all make mistakes - of course - but this autograph is real. It's ashame a few of you scared CS autions and we pulled the item.
What about the fact that the accompanying envelope has the adressee's name on it? And that the telegraph seems to be marked "received"? Wasn't it also common practice to have the receiving telegraph operator write the message out?

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all