View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I haven't submitted cards very recently but say they are $8 each to be graded, for an estimate. If you have a $20 card then that makes it $28....which is almost 30% more. That is quite a percentage increase for these type cards. Now, if you get into the more expensive ones then it probably makes more sense. Again, just my opinion, and if you like them all slabbed then by all means go for it. The main thing to do is whatever makes you happy. best regards

I would wait for PSA's $4 or $5 bulk special if I were to do this. It would come out to about 6-7 dlvd per card so the costs wouldn't be that much higher. I would like all PSA graded.

The problem with this is my problem when I attempted the 1955 topps set. I was buying mid-grade cards to add and then grade myself, but I realized that grading out at 5 was like an average grade for the 55 cards and if anything it wouldn't help the value at all - I felt like it was a waste to have an entire set graded as PSA 5 when the average grade is like 5-6. However, I feel like due to the sensitivity of the T206's, an average grade of 1-2 or even 3 is much more respectable. Even if they're all 1's, I think it would hold it's value well. With this said, I would never plan on selling, but we all know other things come up in life that could take precedent if need be.