View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlg View Post
Here is the one detailed photo that I was able to get so far. I had it in a program that allows you to compare signatures, so the top one is from a known stamped ball, a '56. (sorry for the delay, had to find a place to park images and time isn't what it used to be) They are obviously different, the question that I was trying to find out is, were different stamps used. I have checked some of the long running stamps, and they seem identical from year to year. First opinion that I had was that the ball had fraudulent signatures.

VLG
I believe that the bottom one is stamped as well, for the following reasons:

1. The signature starts out going smoothly across a stitching hole.

2. Is it likely that someone would sign a ball starting out the signature by going straight through a stitching hole? I would more likely expect to see it at the end of a signature if the signer ran out of space.

3. If it was signed going through the stitching hole, wouldn't the very nature of hitting the hole not yield a smooth signature but rather cause the signer's pen to jump or to restart? In this case it passes right over the hole, narrowed by the side of the hole with no apparent disturbance in flow.

4. I don't see that the signatures are "obviously different" as you stated. But don't take my word for it. Here are the two somewaht randomly cut and pieced together. They sure fit together like they are the same. (I did proportionately slightly increase the size of the "known Stamped ball" as the image was a little smaller.)

Last edited by timzcardz; 01-24-2011 at 09:41 AM.