View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 03:39 PM

Default Putting together an almost raw monster...

Hey guys,
I think this "question" is more of asking your guys opinions.

My goal is to put together a complete set (520). Right now I have 244 (about 20 dupes though). I have picked up alot of raw commons which most would grade poor, but many still have very good eye appeal. I do have many graded as well. Especially my hof's.

Anyways, whats your guys thoughts on putting together a relatively poor set as far as an investment? I guess waht I mean is will a relatively poor set still appreciate?

Now, before I go any further, Id like to state that I, personally, dont mind having some poor to fair commons. I want my hof's to be better though.
I just want to build a complete set and am in it for the hobby.

But....as with anything that one will put alot of money into, I also would like to research every angle.

Im just curious if it makes sense financially, in the long run, to stick with pr-fr-gd commons or if its a better idea to spend the money now and get them in at least a graded 3.

I should also probly state that when and if I complete the set, I plan on holding onto it at least until I retire (25 years). Unless something drastic happens and its a last resort to sell it.

Once again, would just like opinions.

Thanks guys, this forum is great.