View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Howard Chernick

Default Just Venting about Paypal & Buyer

I've been selling on eBay for about 10 years. I have mailed out over 50,000 cards but never had a situation like this.

A buyer from Canada bought a Mantle card from me for about $100. I was going to creating a shipping label thru eBay but the cheapest rate was around $25.00 if I wanted to include tracking. So, I took the chance of sending it First Class International without the tracking info. I did insure it thru a third party company.

I have done it this way before and have never had an issue.

If a card gets delayed or lost in the mail, buyers have always contacted me and I would work out something with them. This buyer decided to open a case with Paypal without contacting me first. So, I wrote him an email to ask him why he didn't contact me, he did not respond.

Now, Paypal gives me the option of refunding the money directly to the buyer or send proof that I shipped the card (my mistake was that I didn't opt for the tracking #).
This buyer has 6 feedbacks and I just don't feel right about what went down. I know I should have gotten the tracking # but why did this buyer not work directly with me?

I alos wrote to Paypal and explained my suspicions and they just responded that if I don't respond within 10 days they will pay the buyer. This is how I get treated after generating a fair amount of money for Paypal over time.

Because of this buyer I will no longer sell outside of the US.

Just wondering what others think about this.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard