View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Dave

I've had a doozy I've been going back and forth with Paypal for the past several weeks on a Domestic Order.

Customer placed a $30 order through one of my websites on December 3rd. Tracking says item was delivered on December 6th. Over a month later the customer claims an Un-Authorized transaction with their credit card company. Paypal freezes the funds in my account.

Paypal wants info from me regarding the transaction within 10 days. I immediately send it to them with tracking number. I get ahold of the customer, and they say "Oh, we're so sorry, we don't have a Paypal account and we didn't know what the charge was for".

We'll have our credit card company reverse the chargeback.

13 days later, Paypal sends me a message telling me they are disputing the chargeback on my behalf, but in the meantime we're going to subtract the cost of the order from your account...........+ we're going to bang you for a $20 chargeback fee, just because we can."

.......and paraphrasing "Oh, but don't worry, we're in your corner and you may or may not get your funds back in the next 75 days or so". Gee, thanks Paypal.

This is all after the customer told me they have already had the chargeback reversed through their credit card company.