View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So I am biased but.....the fact of the matter is that collectors aren't buying fixed price cards in today's somewhat down market. They are waiting for auctions to see if they can either steal them, or at most, pay what the market will bear. I feel that most auctions today, except ebay, are fairly clean of shilling. And I doubt most auction houses make 30%. Maybe you should understand what you are talking about a little more before you speak? My small auction takes in 12.5% of a sale (total). That is, many times, less than ebay. Personally, I like auctions, participate in dozens of them and hope they continue and prosper. Otherwise, the cards/memorabilia we really want might not get sold in other venues. I have a solution for you though. If you don't like auctions don't bid in them. And good luck finding those tough items at fixed prices which you feel are a good deal. I too could go on and on . regards
I agree Leon, as a small time Estate auction worker in NJ we pull in about 12-14 % of the hammer but we still have to hump alot of heavy stuff and not in good way LOL