View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default A 6-year odyssey....AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set....75 cards complete (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingshoegiverouterguy View Post
Congrats Ted, I know what an accomplishment that is. I started my journey into the Cycle 460 subset at about the same time. I am up to 83 and know how tough it is to come up with some of these cards, let alone even see them offered.

I loved to see a list of the last few you were able to track. I see Frill was in your lot of last cards and he was in the final 10 I was able to track.

My goal this year is to be able to get 10 more Cycle 460s off my list any and all help would be great.

Once again, nice job, Ted.

Lee
Lee

I remember back in 2005, when we compared notes and that you were starting to collect the CYCLE 460's; and, I started on the AB 460's. And, this was great,
since we would not be contending with each other.

I think you will agree with this opinion of mine......I say that AB 460 and CYCLE 460 cards are underrated in terms of scarcity. Of course, collectors can always
get one of these T206's for a "Type" card. However, as you and I have discovered in trying to garner all of these cards in order to complete a sub-set of them,
these two T206 backs are much, much tougher than most T206 collectors realize.

Here's the short-list that you requested. As I recall, I would say that the toughest 5 cards for me were Frill, Oldring, Overall (sunset sky), Doc White (pitching),
and Wilhelm (bat).

I will post the toughest 10 cards in putting this AB 460 sub-set together for your info later.

I have bookmarked your CYCLE 460 wantlist. I will certainly be looking out for these cards for you.

TED Z