View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Shane

Al and Doug,

My impression is that David is just after the base Topps sets and not the inserts and test issues. You guys' collections are crazy!!! I'm having a hard enough time just working on Cardinals team sets from those inserts and test issues. I'm getting there, though.

Doug,

Regarding those Tattoos you got from me - does that finish your set up? If so, congratulations.

David and all,

I have complete Topps Sets and Traded Sets from 2010 down to 1974. I am working on 1973 and will go backwards from there VERY slowly. I agree with the others that I would not consider the 1948 Topps Magic Photos as a base set. However, I do consider the SP's in the 2002 Topps Traded Set as part of the set run. I think that the best way to get that set is to buy one already completed. That one is the most expensive Traded Set that Topps has ever produced. It will cost you between $100 (if you're lucky) and $200 (if you're desperate). It was the last Traded Set I got. I got it about one year ago, and I think I paid around $150 for it, but I can't remember for sure. Good luck in your quest.

Anybody ever tackled all of the Chrome Refractors from 1996 to present? I cannot imagine. That would be a daunting task to finish them all. I am having trouble just finishing my Cardinals team sets. The 3 Pujols' from 2001 and the McGwire HR card from 1999 are outrageous.

Last edited by frankhardy; 03-14-2011 at 09:02 AM.