View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Travis W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
I think the 54s are awesome, loaded with RCs and HOFers, very unique. I would like to pick up the Whitey Ford--I think that is an awesome card
yeah its a really nice lookin set. that one and the '55 are real close together in terms of my favorite vintage sets, so naturally they're the first two I had to go after!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
I agree with Pat, it's a very cool set. I remember a '54 Heinie Manush was the first "vintage" card I ever bought back in the late 80's. This set also has one of the most unique cards ever produced, the John & Ed O'Brien twins card. Great card, great set. Good luck!

That twin card is kinda cool. I've actually got one in a lower grade and I remember when I first got it I thought it was kinda unique. Thanks for the well wishes scmavl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
Good luck and enjoy from a fellow '54 collector...nice Stanky to kick things off...I'll be curious to get your feedback on what the toughest cards are for you to track down...
I'll keep ya posted as I go and let you know when I start having trouble finding some

Got 6 more on the way now, all PSA 7's. Thanks to jeff8877 for hookin me up with a nice deal!