View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
I don't disagree with this and I don't recall anyone else in the thread doing so either. If there is something I'm looking for, the trusted dealers are where I look first.

That said, they always don't have what I'm looking for, so the next stop is eBay or a dealer I may not be as familiar with. This is where TPAs add value in my opinion.

In the past I've been fairly critical of TPAs, even writing an award-winning article in the Pen & Quill several years ago that was highly critical of TPAs.

That said, generally they provide a beneficial service and I don't understand the level of hostility toward them.

Be patient if you cannot get what you want from the good dealers.
There are enough good dealers out there and a few good trusted auction houses and if you stick with them you should be in good shape. And the good dealers can usually turn up most items if you give them enough time.
I think most of us know who the good dealers really are,,, stay with them and you can build a terrific collection.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow