View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Brian Dwyer

Thank you for all the kind words and early registrations. I look forward to putting together offerings that include many board members as consigners, bidders, and winners.

To answer, a few questions:

The auction will be internet only. I will not be producing a catalog so that I can eliminate the lead time required to consign. My goal is to shorten the process while still putting together quality auctions and achieving great results. If you, or anyone you know, would prefer information by mail, I am already making arrangements with several collectors I know who prefer hard copy information, so I'll be happy to discuss specifics with anyone interested.

With respect to the auction closing process, the auction will enter into an extended bidding period at 10 PM EST on the final day after which time users who have placed a single bid in the auction are eligible to continue bidding on any item in the auction. Bidding will continue until no bids have been placed for 15 minutes or the time is 3 AM EST. I've always preferred to see the entire auction close at once but was not a fan of not knowing when it would end. I recognize that individual preferences may vary, but I hope that this system works well for all involved.

Eric, thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely be posting on the non-sport side and will be a banner advertiser over there as well. I hope to have an array of items that cater to all interests.

Thanks again everyone!

Brian