View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Mike Navarro

Matt,

IMO, you shouldn't have to spend $200 plus shipping both ways in order to get a refund on that ball, just in order to get a "questionable authenticity" from PSA/DNA or JSA.

You might ask the seller if their are some cheaper alternatives they would accept for refund. For example, Richard Simon is great, and I could be wrong, but I don't think he'd charge you anywhere near that amount to come on this thread, take a quick look, and email you both to let y'all know that it's no good.

If the original seller is going to insist on a PSA/DNA or JSA "denial", then call Roy Alcala at PSA, and explain the situation to him and he might be willing to cut you a nice discount. Roy has always been very fair to me with pricing, and if you explain that you have a bad ball and the seller is requiring you to get it "un-authenticated" in order to get a refund, then he might be willing to work with you.

Or, another option that the seller should be willing to accept IMO, would be a PSA/DNA quick opinion "questionable authenticity" and that would only cost you $7.49. You simply place it on ebay with a high starting bid, put a clear picture, request the quick opinion from PSA/DNA, and you should have your results in about 48 hours or less. If anyone happens to bid, just cancel the bids.

Take care,

Mike