View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Richard A.

The last time I moved [about 2 years ago], I was forced to finally deal with about 50,000 baseball cards from the 80s and 90s that had otherwise survived about 5 moves in the 6 years prior. There were a lot of complete sets, a few low value cards [ie. nothing over $25] and then a sprinkling [ie. less than 100] vg or less 50s-70s cards. Probably the only "significant" thing there [and I use that term loosely] was a complete 1991-95 run of the Conlon collection.

What I ended up doing was basically giving away [selling for the price of shipping, or heavily trading in other people's favour] anything of interest to collectors that I've met through Net54 and the rest went to a local card shop that offered to distribute them to local schools. I ended up leaving a lot of the star cards in there [Jeter, ARod, Griffey, etc] figuring either it would make some random kid's day, or the dealer would sift through all the junk, pass it on to the schools, and sell the few decent cards to justify his time spent.

In the end, I never actually followed up to see if this guy did what he said he would. I figure that way I can just assume he did, and since I totally assume he did sift through it and sell some, I'm more than okay with it.

Richard.