View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Chuck Tapia

That’s much too smart for me... I let em fade with the huge 1/2 moon window and 8 foot glass slider in my office. When they start to fade ,I put it away and replace it with another. I might sell it if it bugs me too much, noting the fading.

I agree that the photo in question is a forgery. You could frame it and just enjoy the photo, but like Zippy, it drives me crazy to stare at the forgery. When I was learning, I have hit Fake balls into the wash, I have let my Birdsick forgery sit out in the sun for 6 months and the signatures didn't fade, before shredding it for s**** & giggles.

If you are a sicko like me, you'll study Mantle for hour’s day’s week’s months & years, so when you look at a Mantle signature, YOU can tell within 1 second with a 99% certainty that it is Fake. Then you can sort out the real ones and buy the one's YOU like. Not relying on all the nimrods that run the roust.

Good luck to you and enjoy the learning process and don’t let it get you down. Bottom line is trust no one but you.