View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Sure, you want him to, but is it worth getting the buyer angry at you for? eBay won't do anything to the buyer unless he has several non-paying bidder strikes. If you open a non-paying bidder case, the buyer may pay. Then, he'll say the item was not as described (or he didn't receive it if there is no delivery confirmation). If he opens up a SNAD and sends you back an index card, you're out of luck. The same people who rip sellers off like this are the same people who often don't pay. To top it off, he'll probably leave a negative too.

The only real way to get back at non-paying bidders is to let other people know so they can block him. Other than that, you just have to hope that bad karma will catch up to him.

Well, if the buyer pays, there is no strike and no reason to be angry.

I am very patient when waiting for payments, but if a buyer doesn't pay, I send a second invoice, then I follow that up with a non-paying bidder notice a few days to a week later and about a week after that I finalize it with a non-paying bidder strike if I don't hear from them and put them on my blocked bidder list.

Usually the buyer ends up apologizing to me for being late, and paying their bill.

Of course there are exceptions, but it's worked for me so far.

...........and yes, payments have gotten noticeably slower since Ebay took away feedback power from Sellers.

I've also gone from having one or two deadbeats a year, to a half dozen or so a year.