View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Dave Johnson

Default Selling a bunch of 1951-1959 Topps and Bowmans - Mainly commons.

I am selling on behalf of another person a HUGE bunch of cards. He collected these from his childhood.

First he took everything to the local store to have the shop owner sell them on site..... so I am figuring most of the big names and the real blazers have that were in the lot have already been picked over.

Some of the material is fairly nice (I just pulled out all the 57's and 59's and they many are pretty good) One person already purchased all of the 1958's.

Here are the years that I will be listing cards from:

1951 Bowman - Mostly Gone!
1952 Bowman
1953 Bowman
1954 Bowman
1955 Bowman
1952 Topps - SOLD!
1953 Topps
1954 Topps - Mostly SOLD!
1955 Topps
1956 Topps
1957 Topps - SOLD!
1959 Topps - SOLD!

Not really any super big hitters here, mainly just commons. Some years are a lot heavier in terms of material than others. He does have a bunch of 57's and 59's , 55 Bowmans, and about 100 52 Topps. I will start putting some stuff out here in a list shortly. This would be ideal if you are looking for mainly EX type of grade raw cards (there are a few better but no aboslute blazers that I have seen that are going to net you PSA 9's for example) and I will try and price them accordingly. I am assuming the older stuff will be more in the Very Good to VG-EX range but I am trying to take my time and describe it the best I can when I actually list the cards out later.

I am currently pulling them from albums (where they have been for a LONG time) and sorting them into various piles - I take selling cards seriously so I am trying to be as accurate as I can with pricing them for him as well as letting buyers know condition. I am sorting them out as follows.

-Better cards - There are a few stars here and there
-Semi Stars - team cards - multi player cards
-Decent shape Commons
-Commons with really really bad centerning and/or wax stains on front or back

- and lastly - The bottom feeder space filler types

Some of the older issues have writing on the back, these will be noted as well (most cases a pencil star, a "B" or the persons name (must have been his way of identifying them as a child)

Figured I would try and sell some here first instead of taking all of the time to set up ebay auctions, deal with fees etc. In case you have not dealt with me before on the boards here and are wondering of my selling reputation you can look me up on ebay as well my ID on the bay is

Thickestofalltime - I have over 4300 feedback

I will take these on a first come first serve basis with pricing. I am also posting on the PSA boards so PM me if interested, first come first serve.

If you have any set building needs feel free to shoot me a PM, otherwise happy hunting.

Thanks in advance for your interest. Feel free to ask any questions.

I will accept payment by paypal gift or by postal money order. Please add $7 to your total purchase for priority mail insured shipping with delivery confirmation. If you order more than $100 of cards shipping is on me.

Last edited by Golfcollector; 08-05-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: updating list