View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Alright, I finally gave in.

This is the first piece of memorabilia that I've ever bought, I think. Actually, it might be one of my first contributions to a thread that had nothing to do with a painting. Well, it'll make a good start to a collection of signatures from the '36 Yanks and Giants. It's something I've been toying with for a few years now (as many of you know), and I just couldn't see myself ever jumping into the deep pool, especially considering how much some of these cost (especially with the Gehrigs and Otts out there). And, I suppose I was just never really into memorabilia to begin with, so I didn't really see myself ever actually going through with it.

So, here I am, tip-toeing in with a flashlight and having a look around. I imagine I'll build the set VERY slowly, as I'd love the signatures to be vintage, and of course, I'd like to be as comprehensive with all of the players/managers/coaches/owners/batboys as I can be (thanks, Phil).

A big shout-out goes to Scott Garner for pointing this out a few days ago in the first place - there's no way I would have seen it otherwise. I understand that Hubbell isn't as sexy a name as Gehrig, DiMaggio or any of the other big guys, but the fact that I was able to get this period cut - at a PSA 10 no less - for a tad over $50 boggles my mind.

Alright, shoot me now - I'm done.

Graig
Graig,

Alright!! I'm glad that you pulled the trigger on this Hubbell vintage signed album page. Congrats on crossing over to the dark side, my friend!

As the "World's most interesting man" on the Dos Equis commercials says:
"Stay thirsty my friends!". I don't know why, but that commercial makes me laugh every single time...

BTW, you are right, this cut is OUTRAGEOUS for $50!! Good job for a first pickup. Consider your cherry busted...

I'm out!