View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

One time a while back I bought a pretty nice NM '56 Topps Football Elroy Hirsch. In the auction it was pictured in a toploader. When the card arrived in the mail, it had been removed from said toploader and place between two pieces of cardboard that had been cut from Coca-Cola 12 packs(we all know how flimsy those are), and mailed in a simple white envelope. I'll tell ya, I wasn't too happy because sometime during the mail process the damn thing got folded in half. I can say so definitively because the Coke box pieces had the exact same fold. Seller gave me full refund, told me to keep the card and supposedly bitched out his wife(who supposedly packed it). Maybe she thought she was saving him money so he could re-use them? Who knows?

Also, excessive tape drives me f'ing nuts...I've gotten 'em where the cardboard pieces were practically laminated in tape, and so was the bubble mailer. And the tape on top of the toploaders are a big pet peeve of mine. Had one card that slid up into the tape somehow on a semi-rigid holder, and lost a small chunk of the top border once.. Aaarghhhh!!!!

Last edited by novakjr; 09-13-2011 at 08:42 PM.