View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarlowe1 View Post
In 2003 it is possible that no one on the board was aware of things like ear matching. Now, quite a few board memebrs are aware of it, and they can do it, at least for clear photos, very well. I think that is has helped the hobby screen out a lot of bogus photos in recent years.
Be careful now guys, someone will hang out a shingle soon and start calling himself an "ear expert" and start authenticating ears on photos.
Before you know it several companies will spring up, former government investigators will proclaim their expertise in ear identification, and major companies will open up new divisions just to authenticate players by their ears .
Someone might even open a company up called Vincent Van Gogh Ear Authentics to try and capitalize on the name like the long ago and almost forgotten J. Dimaggio Co.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-16-2011 at 04:01 PM.