View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 04:34 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I can see both sides of it as well. I've been sold cards where the seller had enjoyed the card for a while, and wanted to see the card in a "good home." Sometimes, the seller will give a better deal or soften their negotiating position to see the card in a good home. For example, the seller of the blue background W519-1 knew that I had the maroon and red/pink background ones, and was happy to put this one in a good home with the others. Saying that, everybody's collecting interests change, so people have a right to sell whenever they want. Financial considerations also have an impact. However, it doesn't have to be a rule, but I think it's good etiquette at least, not to flip a card so quickly. Try to at least wait a month or sell it on ebay where it's not so conspicuous. As many posters have said, once the card has been sold, the new buyer can sell whenever he wants. However, the original seller can also sell his cards to whomever he wants. If you know that person is a known flipper like this, the seller doesn't have to sell the card to that person if a lot of people have sent PM's for that card. Doesn't matter if that dealer was the first person to PM/email for that card. The seller can sell to whomever he chooses. Now if the card has been sitting for days, and this dealer/buyer is the only one to want it, then I would say, the owner better just sell the card to that person, and not complain if he sees it again soon on BST.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg w519-1.jpg (77.2 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by glchen; 10-22-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: typo