View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Be.n C0z1n

I thought that the show itself was quite good. A nice mix of just about everything. If you wanted some high end older stuff it was there. If you needed commons from the 1970's for a quarter or so to complete sets that was also an option. I just can't get over how light the attendance seemed to me, and I was there for a huge chunk of time on Friday while my wife went to King of Prussia. I remember going to the Reading show about 4 years ago( I guess that's know as Ft. Washington ) and there was some juice to it. This show just seemed so dead, even a few dealers were walking around, didn't even really bother to man their tables. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see shows lasting other than the National. A few years ago I felt like there was still that core of people that would only buy in person, not on ebay, etc... Nowadays it seems like the only stuff that sells at shows is oddball material that is hard to find or commons out of the dime/quarter boxes. Thoughts? I'd be curious to hear a dealers point of view on this.