View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Val Kehl

I drove up to Oaks and back yesterday from Virginia, stopping en route to pick up another collector in Maryland on the way - left home at 5:30 a.m. and got back home at 11:00 p.m. I keep thinking I'm getting to old to do this, but I guess I'm too addicted!

I greatly enjoyed chatting with Ken C., Leon L., John M., Dan M., Jim R., and Ted. Z. (hope I didn't forget anyone) and seeing all their fabulous cards at their tables. I made a comment to a guy walking the aisles wearing a VATECH Hokies sweatshirt (I'm an UVA Wahoo) - turned out he is Net54er Adam L., and we ended up doing a trade!

I agree with most of skelly's comments above re this show. There were numerous empty tables. I heard several comments about their being dealers who weren't there on Saturday because the promoter of a competing local show threatened to exclude them from his shows. I believe I learned in school way back when that monopolies are a no-no in our free enterprise system. Frankly and unfortunately, I think there are currently too many shows in the Philly area for them all to thrive in this day and age.
Val

Last edited by ValKehl; 11-13-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: correct spelling